Do you ever have those days where you’re just so busy and can’t spend a lot of time on dinner? I usually break my Crockpot out on those days. It’s so easy to just drop a few ingredients in there and continue about your day. I love the way my meats come out so tender and soft. On those days, my family usually thinks I have slaved over a hot stove. Little do they know, I just found a smoked chicken quarters recipe and added my own little twist to it. It’s that simple.
Ever since I was introduced to Zevia and made those amazing Strawberry Cupcakes, I have been trying to use Zevia in everything! Their Ginger Root Beer is one of my absolute favorites and you would never know that it was free of syrups, sugar and calories.
I used to make my wings with regular root beer, but between the sugar in that and the BBQ sauce, it was a bit of an overload. So, I decided to give it a go with the Zevia and I was pleasantly surprised. Phil usually prefers his wings on the grill, but he was definitely impressed with these. The meat stayed juicy and fell right off the bone. Yumm!!!
I might even make them again for dinner tonight!
- 14-16 Thawed Chicken Wings
- 1 Can of Ginger Root Beer Zevia
- 1 Bottle of Sweet Baby Rays, Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Line your crockpot with a liner such as this one from Reynolds, optional.
- Place chicken wings at the bottom of your crockpot.
- Cook on High for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the juice from the bottom of your crockpot.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bottle of BBQ Sauce and 1/2 a can of Ginger Root Beer Zevia.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture over chicken and cover.
- Cook on High for 30 mins. or more until fully cooked.
- Remove your chicken wings and reserve excess BBQ Sauce for dipping.
* If you like your wings crispy; simply grease a cookie sheet with butter and spread the chicken wings across with a bit of the excess BBQ sauce on top. Bake for 30 – 45 mins at 400°.
Have you tried Zevia yet? If so, what did you think and which flavor is your favorite?
Looking for a Coupon? Try Zevia today with this $1.00 off coupon for a 6-pack of your choice!