Happy New Year! I know I have been a little disconnected lately, but I promise it’s been all for good reasons. I spent some much needed time with my family over Bunbun’s “winter” break. Although there is no such thing as winter here in South Florida.
Although school is back in session, I have been non-stop! I decided that this year, I am going to start doing more for myself. From the moment we found out that we were pregnant with Bunbun, I literally took a backseat. Everything, for the past six and a half years has been about the little’s and it’s time I start taking better care of myself. In all honesty, I let myself go a bit. Okay, maybe a lot. But no more! I started eating cleaner and working out more. I swear, this is the most active I have been in years and it hurts so good. I’m only a week in, but I’ve lost a total of 8 lbs. and I couldn’t be happier. I have a lot more to lose, but I know I am on the right track and I hope I can keep it up.
With the holiday’s behind us, it should be a breeze from here on out. However, it was quite the challenge to not eat one of these Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Oreo Pops. If you’ve been following along for some time now, you know how much I love my Oreos and these Cookies and Cream Cupcakes prove that!
I wanted to make something for Valentine’s Day that I could pass along to the children in Bunbun’s class and would be easy to make. I thought to myself, everyone loves Oreos and lollipops! And I actually drew a few designs on my notepad as I brainstormed. These Oreo Pops came out so cute and I can’t wait to share them with the class. Bunbun and my little guy have already gotten into the stash!
- 1 pkg, Double Stuf Oreo Cookies
- Lollipop Sticks
- White Candy Melts
- Pink Candy Melts
- Sprinkles of choice
- Parchment Paper
- Begin by firmly holding an Oreo between your thumb and middle finger. Place your index finger over the top of your Oreo and push a lollipop stick up through the filling of the Oreo. Stop once you feel the creme push up against your finger.
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper
- Melt Candy Melts as directed and stir in small amounts of vegetable oil to thin for adequate coating
- Dip each Oreo Pop into the Candy Melts and coat.
- Scrape the bottom of the Oreo off on the side of your bowl and place on parchment paper to set.
- Design each pop if desired with a Candy Melt drizzle and/or sprinkles.
- Allow your pops to fully set. If you’re in a rush, place your sheet in the refrigerator or freeze for 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully lift each pop from the sheet using a spatula or knife
- Place in a treat bag or packaging of your choice and Enjoy!
Julie Wood says
These are so cute! I need to make these for Valentine's Day!
Awais Ahmed says
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This is a brilliant idea!
I found these on Pinterest and then came to your web site.
Wish I had thought of this. hahaha!
-from a fellow baker in GA
Cute idea! I’m going to make them!
Thanks Patti! I hope you enjoy them.