My obsession with cannoli filling is something fierce! We can’t even go to an Italian restaurant without ordering them. And for some reason, I think the kids may actually love them more than us. Sure, Publix sells them pre-made. It’s just not the same! It took years for me to finally find a place that makes them the way I remember them tasting as a child. Oh Gosh! Just thinking about them makes me salivate. I literally licked the bowl on this one…
- 1 (16 oz.) package of Wonton Wrappers
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese (I used the Galbani brand)
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and press one or two wonton wrappers into muffin pan to form “cups”.
- Bake cups for 10-15 minutes or until the wrappers are a golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Drain Ricotta, if necessary and place it in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and free of clumps.
- Gradually whisk in powdered sugar, keeping the consistancy smooth.
- Using a mixer; beat your heavy cream until it is forming peaks.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the cream into your mixture.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips (optional) and cinnamon (optional).
- Place filling into the refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
- Fill your wonton cups by using a pastry bag or cutting the tip off of a sandwich bag.
- Garnish with chocolate chips and powdered sugar