I’m here to confess my love for cookies and cream; It’s kind of an obsession…
Cookies and cream ice cream, Hershey’s bars, milkshakes, cheesecake, you name it; I’ve tried it. Oh, yeah! Fried Oreos. Goodness, I love those too!
But let’s talk cupcakes. It’s no secret that I love cupcakes too. They are so much fun to bake, frost and decorate. The possibilities seem to be endless! I had been thinking of these for a few weeks now and finally found the time to give them a go.
Can I just tell you how yummy they are? They have an Oreo at the bottom, Oreos in the batter and are topped with a yummy cream cheese frosting and of course, Oreo cookie crumbs. The best!!!
It’s a cookie overload and you have to make these!
Ingredients – Cupcakes
- 1 Box of Classic White Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 package of Oreo cookies (24 used in cupcakes)
Ingredients – Cream Cheese Frosting
- 10 tbsp butter, firm
- 10 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Oreos for topping and garnish
Directions – Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Split 24 Oreo cookies in half using a knife, if needed and place a cookie into each liner with the icing face up.
- Break the other half of your Oreos into small pieces and reserve for the batter.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, melted butter and milk. Mix until batter becomes thick and creamy.
- Fold reserved Oreo pieces into the batter.
- Fill cups 2/3 of the way
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow cupcakes to cool completely.
Directions – Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine butter and cream cheese and whip on medium speed until fluffy.
- Mix in sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and whip until smooth and well combined.
- Fill a piping bag or ziplock and cut the tip.
- Frost, Sprinkle crushed cookie crumbs on top and garnish with remaining Oreos.
These cupcakes are sure to be a crowd pleaser and are easy enough to make any day of the week! Who will you share your Cookies & Cream Cupcakes with?