Do you ever have such a crazy day ahead of you, that you absolutely know there is no time for dinner? Yep! That’s me….a lot of the time! Usually, we head straight for a pizza, quick sandwich or even breakfast for dinner. My crock-pot pretty much sits quietly on a shelf in my pantry, but I had to pull that bad boy out for an emergency this weekend.
My kids are somewhat picky eaters and have a limited menu of what they will eat and actually enjoy. They both love taco night and can pretty much eat chicken any day of the week. So I thought, why not combine the two?
Let me just say, this was the easiest, no-fuss meal to prepare and will definately be happening more in my home.
When the kids leave a clean plate, you totally score!
- 1 – 2 pounds of chicken breast
- 1 (1.25 oz.) packet of low sodium Taco Seasoning*
- 1 Jar of your favorite salsa
- Tortillas or Taco Shells
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded Cheese
- Avocado Slices or Guacamole
- Sour Cream
- Mild or Hot Sauce
Side Dish (Optional)
- White Rice
- Black Beans
- Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle low sodium taco seasoning over chicken.
- Pour salsa over chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.*
- Shred chicken with two forks and stir to evenly distribute your seasonings and salsa.
- Serve immediately.
* Use a low sodium Taco Seasoning such as Mc Cormick
* Slow Cooker cooking times may vary. Newer slow cookers tend to cook a bit faster than older models.