This year, I made my first ever New Years resolution that I didn’t ditch in a weeks time. I vowed to take better care of myself, do things for myself more and change my eating habits. Truth is, I’ve gained a considerable amount of weight since having my thyroid removed due to cancer and getting energized in the mornings has been a steady, ongoing battle. And let’s not even talk about what I call the “3pm shutdown”.
Plentí is oatmeal reinvented and taking the oatmeal game to a new level by mixing the texture and goodness of oatmeal with the creamy awesomeness of Greek yogurt. Plentí Oatmeal Meets Greek Yogurt can be found in the yogurt section of your local grocer. In 6 great flavors such as; Maple Brown Sugar, Apple Cinnamon, Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry and Peach. With each oval-shaped cup containing 16 grams of whole grain and 11 grams of protein, Plentí Oatmeal is the ticket to a healthy breakfast that will get you going!
- Take a shower: Taking a shower in the morning is a great way to wake up and feel refreshed!
- Eat a healthy breakfast: Don’t skip it! Your body needs fuel to get you through, so make sure you’re giving yourself the proper nutrition.
- Drink a glass of water: I have to drink a glass of water every morning in order to take my pill, but I personally find that it perks me up a bit. Drinking water throughout the day will not only keep you hydrated, but it will keep your energy levels up and curb hunger.
- Open your windows: Let the sunshine in! Did you know that the sun is a natural energy and mood booster? Soak it up in the mornings, if you have the time. It’s usually still very early when we leave for school, but when I hit my 3pm shutdown, I usually take a break outdoors for about 15-20 mins. It usually gets me out of my rut and back on track. It’s amazing what a little sunshine can do for you!
- Listen to music: We love listening to our favorite songs on the way to school each morning. We sing and dance in our seats and everyone looks at us like we’re nuts! Well, not everyone, but we have had some looks. But that’s okay, because when I drop Bunbun off for school, she kisses me goodbye with a huge smile on her face. And I know that she’s going to have a good day. I’m a firm believer that music can alter your mood.