This has been one heck of a week! Over the long weekend, we decided to re-vamp our bedroom and go with a coastal theme. What a difference a couple gallons of fresh paint and a trip to Home Goods can be! I absolutely love the new look. It’s so bright and cheery!
Over the weekend, I rediscovered my love for Rocky Road ice cream. I don’t know how we ever grew apart but I am not letting that relationship go ever again. Every girl needs her ice cream!
I enjoyed every bit of my weekend ice cream binge, but the rocky road infatuation didn’t stop there! I knew I had to bake something and incorporate the rocky road texture and flavors. I hadn’t made brownies in quite a while and Bunbun has a serious love of chocolate. Then again, what girl doesn’t love chocolate?
I whipped up a batch of brownies, added some chocolate chips to the batter along with some crushed pecans and put them in the oven. I added marshmallows and additional chocolate chips toward the end, baked for a few more minutes and let them cool. I added some more marshmallows, crushed walnuts on top and served each piece with a scoop of ice cream on the side.
The end result: delicious!
- 2 boxes, brownie mix (milk chocolate)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 13″x9″ metal pan with parchment paper.
- Mix brownie batter with water, oil and eggs.
- Fold chocolate chips and pecans into batter.
- Pour batter in pan and bake for about 35-40 mins.
- Remove brownies from oven and top with a handful of marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Return to oven for about 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to puff up.
- Remove brownies from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cool, remove brownies from pan and cut edges off, if desired.
- Top with additional marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Garnish with vanilla ice cream (optional).
As much as I love ice cream, I definitely prefer these with a nice tall glass of milk. I hope you enjoy making these as much as you’ll enjoy eating them!
How will you serve your Rocky Road brownies?