Last week was nothing but volunteering at Bunbun’s school and baking. I was so exhausted! But for some reason, being in the kitchen is a stress reliever for me. Maybe because it keeps my mind busy and off of the daily stresses. But either way, it’s one of my favorite things to do. I don’t think you will ever hear me complain about being in the kitchen, unless its because I am doing the dishes. I despise doing the dishes. I’d rather cook!
With the holidays fast approaching, It’s always been my goal to be sure that my children know the reason for the season and that it’s better to give than to receive. I want them to know that it’s the little things in life that bring joy to others, and something so simple as bringing cookies to a neighbor can brighten their holiday spirits.
Want to spread your own cheer? Enter the two giveaways below for a chance to win $20 Pay Pal Cash!
This year, good ol’ Betty Crocker is by our side! My little guy is finally old enough to help in the kitchen with simple tasks and he loves it! It gives him a bit of independence and helps him to feel accomplished once he completes the recipe with me. He is such a sweetheart and loves to do for others. Even at 3 years old, he opens doors and waits for me everywhere we go. He will make an excellent husband some day. I am sure of that!
For our cookies this year, we picked up a couple bags of Betty Crocker cookie mix, Betty Crocker cupcake gems and kisses while on our weekly Wal-Mart shop. We went with the traditional Holiday Blossom Cookies this year, but added a little twist. Literally!
These Holiday Blossom Christmas tree cookies are quick, easy and done in no time!
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ peanut butter cookie mix
- 24-36 Chocolate kiss candies, unwrapped
- Betty Crocker™Gold Sugar Cupcake Gems
- 1 tub, Betty Crocker™Rich and Creamy Vanilla Icing
- Green food coloring
- Prepare and bake cookies as directed on bag
- Remove cookies from the oven and press one chocolate candy down into the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl or mixer, empty tub of icing and add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Mix icing and food coloring well, adding more color as needed.
- Fill a ziploc bag with colored icing and make a small cut on the corner of the bag.
- Pipe the icing in a swirl motion around the chocolate candy
- Sprinkle cupcake gems on top
- Store cookies in tightly covered container with your cheer printables
- Share with friends and family!
While your cookies are baking, don’t forget to print the adorable gift tags and coloring sheets for free!
You too can spread cheer this season with Betty Crocker products! Click HERE for a coupon and be sure to download the printables!
Now, who’s ready for some Giveaways?!?!
I’m hosting hosting TWO Giveaways on this post, because I think you should #SpreadCheer too!
Giveaway #1 (Easy Entry)
- Visit the Betty Crocker #SpreadCheer website to download the printables and get a coupon!
- Create your own #SpreadCheer basket and post a photo on social media. Tag two (2) of your friends in your post to challenge them to #SpreadCheer! Be sure to use the hashtag #SpreadCheer in your post.
- In the comments below, link your post and tell me who you chose to #SpreadCheer to.
- ONE winner (with a valid post) will be drawn from the comment section and will win $20 in PayPal Cash!
a Rafflecopter giveawayShow Betty Crocker how you spread cheer! Tag @BettyCrocker in your social shares and use the hashtag #SpreadCheer.