Last week was nothing but volunteering at Bunbun’s school and baking. I was so exhausted! But for some reason, being in the kitchen is a stress reliever for me. Maybe because it keeps my mind busy and off of the daily stresses. But either way, it’s one of my favorite things to do. I don’t think you will ever hear me complain about being in the kitchen unless its because I am doing the dishes. I despise doing the dishes. I’d rather cook!
The kids asked me when I would be making Christmas treats a few days ago, so after my long and grueling week, I grabbed a few things at the grocery and decided to get started. What’s even better is that the Betty Crocker Premium Brownie mixes have been on sale, 2 for $4 plus fuel perks!
If you liked my Graveyard Brownies I made around Halloween, you are going to love these easy Holiday treats. Get ready for my Christmas Tree Brownies! They are oozy, gooey and the perfect Christmas take-a-long treat for parties. And did I mention they are super easy to make?
- 1 Box, Betty Crocker Supreme Ultimate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 Tub, Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- Green Food Coloring
- 1 bag, mini, multi-colored or red chocolate candies
- 1 box, Candy Canes
- 1 Bottle, white clear sugar sprinkles
- Bake brownies according to box and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl or mixer, empty the tub of frosting.
- Add several drops of green food coloring and mix until well blended and there are no dark spots of coloring.
- Carefully remove brownies from pan and place on parchment paper.
- Using a Christmas Tree cookie cutter, cut christmas trees, remove and set aside.
- Break the end off of a candy cane, and insert into the bottom of the Christmas Tree to create a ‘stump’.
- Frost tops of brownies with frosting using a knife in a zig zag motion to create a wave/fluffy effect.
- Top with colored chocolate candies and sugar sprinkles.