While watching The Addams Family with my littles this past week, I knew I had to make Frankenstein cupcakes as a pre-Halloween treat. They turned out exactly how I envisioned and the kids were ecstatic to eat them!
I used a boxed chocolate cake mix and filled them with green vanilla pudding. I topped them with green buttercream frosting, chocolate sprinkles, two candy eyes and used chocolate covered jelly beans for the neck bolts. They are just too cute for words.
I hope you have some Halloween fun while making these!
- 1 Box chocolate cake mix
- 2 Vanilla pudding cups
- Neon green food coloring or gel
- 2 Sticks butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Candy eyes
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Chocolate covered jelly beans
- Preheat oven and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Prepare boxed cake mix as directed and bake for recommended time.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Using a cupcake corer, core your cupcakes and save the tops.
- In a small/medium sized bowl, scoop your pudding out, add 2-3 drops of food coloring and mix well.
- Fill a ziploc bag with your pudding mixture and cut the corner.
- Pipe filling into cored cupcakes and replace the tops.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and 3-5 drops of Neon green food coloring or gel.
- Fill a piping bag or ziplock and cut the tip.
- Frost cupcakes in a circular motion and smooth edges with a knife.
- In a small bowl, add chocolate sprinkles and dip cupcakes into sprinkles while pressing down to make tops flat.
- Add two candy eyes and chocolate covered jellybeans into the sides.