This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions and views are mine alone. #BOOItForward #CollectiveBias
When we purchased our first home back in 2012 the tradition of BOO’ing had just begun in the neighborhood. To join in the spooky spirit of giving, we made a BOO kit full of candy and goodies to bring to our neighbor’s house. We left it at the doorstep along with a card explaining what it meant to be Boo’d and an extra to encourage them to continue the cycle of “boo’ing.” They were then left guessing who left the tub of treats and something good to eat. While our identity remained a secret, it was up to them to pay it forward and create their own BOO kit for for an unsuspecting neighbor or friend.
Years later, this tradition has become more popular than ever and several of our neighbors have become involved. Once the BOO’ing process begins, each of us takes turns leaving special surprises for one another. It’s not only fun for adults, but the kids too. My children get so excited when they discover a BOO kit sitting by the front door and love playing the guessing game even more!
This year, I have decided to participate in my neighborhood tradition along with BOO’ing a good friend and fellow Blogger. If you’d like to start this tradition as well, you can visit the BOO It Forward website to get your FREE printable BOO card and view BOO kit ideas.
1. Cut out the “We’ve been BOO’d sign.
2. Fold the “You’ve been BOO’d” greeting card (page 2) and tape openings together.
3. Include the card and sign when gifting BOO bundles.
I went to Walmart to purchase all of my BOO kit treats, including these cute Halloween Monster sodas. I purchased Sunkist® and Canada Dry sodas in an 8oz Halloween can (6 packs) and picked up two bags of candy. I chose the the Mars Mixed Minis and Chocolate Mix Fun Size for my kit.
When I came home, I designed a printable to add a little flair to my kit and began preparation. You can download a copy of my printable for your BOO kit if you’d like.
What’s in my BOO kit?
- Two bags of MARS/Wrigley Candy (M&M’s®, Snickers®. Twix®, Milky Way® and 3 Musketeers®)
- Sunkist® Halloween mini cans
- Canada Dry Halloween mini cans
- BOO Signs
- Green Styrofoam Floral Disc(s)
- Glue Gun (low temp)
- Wooden Dowels
- Paper Crinkle
- Packing Peanuts
- Paper Crinkle/Shreds
- Washi Tape
- “BOO” wording printable
- Any additional Halloween Decor
- Lay your supplies out across a large table so you have access to everything you’ll need.
- Place your floral discs at the bottom of your bucket.
- Add packing peanuts on top, if you need to raise things up a bit.
- Place your Halloween mini cans into the bucket.
- Wrap washi tape around three wooden dowels
- Cut out your “BOO” wording printable and attach with tape or glue gun.
- Attach candy with your glue gun under your letters and repeat for other two letters.
- Add some candy too additional dowels to use as fillers.
- Push your dowels down through the packing peanuts and into the floral disc and design like a bouquet.
- Add paper crinkle around the goodies and a few loose candies, if you’d like.
- Attach your BOO signs and BOO your neighbors!
Who are you going to BOO? Check out other great BOO Kit ideas, if you’re looking for inspiration and tell me who you are BOO’ing this year!
Don’t forget to enter the #BOOItForward Sweepstakes!