In Disney’s Descendants, Beast (from Beauty and the Beast) is married to the lovely Belle and they rule the United States of Auradon, which is the United Nation and homeland to all the Heroes and Villains of Disney. All of the villains from the movies are imprisoned on the Isle of the Lost with a magical spell that has been keeping them trapped there. That is…until the villains have children of their own…
There’s lots of dancing and songs throughout the movie which got Bunbun out of her seat a few times. I personally enjoyed all the songs and Mal quickly became my favorite character. Disney’s Descendants is awesome to the core! How about some of Mal’s Evil Apples?
- Unsalted butter, for parchment paper
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon purple gel food coloring
- 6 medium apples
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grease parchment paper with butter and set aside.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine sugar, water, corn syrup, and food coloring.
- Bring to a boil over high heat while stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Insert candy thermometer and continue to boil without stirring, until temperature reaches 300° (hard crack), about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, insert a wooden dowel into the top of each apple, pushing it about halfway through.
- When candy mixture reaches 300°, immediately remove from heat.
- Quickly dip apples in sugar mixture until completely coated.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and allow to cool.